Every day is Mental Health Day with the right support
It’s mid October and another World Mental Health Day has just been marked by the World Health Organisation.
Days like these are essential as a focal point for global awareness. This year, they launched a £2 million Covid Response Programme to work with partners to help some of the people who have been hardest hit, such as people with long term health conditions, or facing discrimination, or parenting on their own.
This is vital work and we salute them from our vantage point here in the Crow’s Nest.
Mental health is a topic we’ve been keen to work on ever since we first started as a business. In fact, when we first launched our library, we were delighted to be approved as a resource partner of MIND for the Mental Health At Work initiative – you can read more about that here.
In the meantime, here’s a quick overview of these resources should you wish to access them.
- The Way to Good Mental Health
- An Introduction to Mental Health in the Workplace
- Promoting Wellbeing in the Workplace
- More ways of Promoting Wellbeing in the Workplace
- What is a Mentally Healthy Workplace
- Key Measures for a Mentally Healthy Workplace
- Supporting your Colleagues and Team Members
- Support from Managers and Team leaders
- Understanding Young People’s Mental Health Issues
- What Exactly is Stress
- Dealing with Stress
- Work-Related Anxiety
- Exploring Relaxation and Some Different Ways to Relax
- A Quiet Place
- Can You Hear Me?
- Can You See Me?
- Me Time
- Supporting Staff to stay Well at Work
- Fit Back to Work
- Body Image
- Believe in Yourself
- Like Who You Are
- Your Mental Wellbeing during the Pandemic
Learning about Mental Health in the Workplace is not something that you can ignore. It’s more of a “must have” than a “like to have” so that you can help ensure that your company sits alongside the hundreds of other organisations who are creating mentally healthy workplaces and helping their people to help themselves.